The Texas-based grocer has gained popularity across the state, but is only just expanding its reach to the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
DALLAS – Texan Grocer HEB has grown in popularity – and, quite frankly, cult following – throughout the Lone Star State since opening its first store in Kerrville in 1905.
But for most of the store’s 100-year history, HEB’s appeal has seemingly eluded the tastes of North Texans. In central and south Texas, you can find stores within a few miles of each other.
In the DFW area, you will need to drive to the outskirts of the south and west ends of the metroplex.
But it seems those days are coming to an end. HEB is beginning to expand its roots in North Texas with land purchases and new store announcements becoming more common.
This month, HEB officials confirmed they had purchased land in Prosper and Rockwall as future store sites. Forney and Allen were also located as new sites this year, and stores in Frisco, Plano and McKinney are under construction.
Granted, even if HEB locations all become stores, they still won’t have as many as Kroger, Tom Thumb, Albertsons, and Walmart, the longtime major grocery chains in North Texas. Trader Joe’s has also expanded into North Texas in recent years, alongside Austin-based Whole Foods.
But with HEB coming to the area, we wanted to figure out where there are stores already and where more are coming.
Here is a running list:
- Waxahachie HEB
- 800 highway. 77, Waxahachie, TX, 75165
- Ennis HEB
- 101 S. Clay St., Ennis, TX, 75119
- Burleson HEB Plus!
- 165 NW John Jones Dr., Burleson, TX, 76208
- Corsica HEB
- 201 S. 15th St., Corsica, Texas, 75110
- Cleburne HEB
- 600 W. Henderson, Cleburne, TX, 76033
- Granbury EHE
- 3804 US Highway. 377 Granbury, Texas, 76049
- Hudson Oaks HEB
- 100 Hudson Oaks Drive, Hudson Oaks, TX, 76087
- Allen – E. Exchange Parkway and N. Greenville Avenue
- McKinney – northeast corner of Custer Road and Eldorado Parkway
- Frisco–Legacy Drive and Main Street
- Plano-Spring Creek Parkway and Preston Road
- Prosper – southeast corner of Frontier Parkway and Dallas North Tollway
- Rockwall – southwest corner of I-30 and John King Boulevard
- Forney – FM 548 and FM 1641
Other HEB land purchases, but not yet confirmed to be stores
Here are other addresses in the DFW metroplex where HEB purchased land, according to the deeds:
- 4101 W. Wheatland Rd. (Dalas)
- 1660 E. Broad Street (Mansfield)
- 632 N. Beckley, Dallas
- 5204, boul. S. Buckner (Dalas)
- 845 Interstate-35E (DeSoto)
- 3927 Bowser (Dallas)
- 700 Farm Road 544 (Murphy)
- 6325 W. Bailey Boswell Rd. (Fort Worth)
- 200 E. Bonds Ranch Rd. (Fort Worth)
- 6599 McCart Ave (Fort Worth)
- 8600 Quail Valley Drive (Fort Worth)
- 9200 Legacy Drive (Frisco)
- 2210 W. University Drive (Denton)